Korean Eggplant Side Dish (Gaji Namul)
Hi guys!! Greetings from Tenerife….How’s the weather there??
Today’s recipe is a Korean food. For you guys that like Korean food & Korean drama…I’m sure you will like this recipe. It’s simple, easy to make & yummie!! This dish also good for vegetarian & vegan people, just replace the fish sauce with soy sauce. I hope that you like it & can find the ingredients in the place where you live. I’m sure you can find it in any Asian Store.
So, let’s go to the kitchen…
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4-5 servings
- 400 gr – Eggplants
- 1/2 handful – Chives
- 2 cloves – Garlic
- 2 tbsp – Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp – Red Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp – Sugar
- 1,5 tbsp – Soy Sauce
- 1,5 tbsp – Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp – Fish Sauce
1. Prepare a pot to steam the eggplant, add some water and let it boil.
2. Meanwhile, wash & remove the headpart of the eggplants. Cut them into 3 cm long then cut it again half.
3. When the water is boiling, add the eggplants into the pot & steam for around 10 minutes.
4.While waiting, let’s prepare the sauce. Chopped garlic & chives finely, then put them in a big bowl.
5. Then add red pepper powder, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce & sesame oil. Mix well
6. Check the eggplants occasionally (To test, poke with a chopstick, if it can poke through easily, means it’s ready. Don’t wait until it’s to mushy). Crushed the sesame seeds and set it aside.
7. When it’s cooked, remove to another big bowl and let it cool for 3-5 minutes (or until you can handle it).
8. Then tear the eggplants and add into the bowl with the sauce.
9. Mix the eggplants with the sauce, then add 3/4 of the sesame seeds, and mix again.
10. Don’t forget to taste. Move it to a serving plate & sprinkle with the rest of sesame seeds.
11. Serve it with hot steam rice. Happy cooking!!
Please becareful when you handle the hot eggplants. If it’s too hot you can blow it while you tear or dip your fingers into a cold water. We hope that you like this recipe. Thank you for visiting our website. We love to hear from you, so please leave your comment down bellow.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, or Google+ and SUBSCRIBE to our channel A.siaVlog so you will receive a notification of our new posts & new videos. If you want to share any good recipe or information, do not hesitate to write to us. We will publish it on behalf of your name.
Enjoy this recipe, and take care! We’ll see you again in our next post & video. Tetap di Ada Indonesia…see you soon!