Hello guys!! Nice to see you again in my website, and thanks a lot to spend your time here.
On this article I want to share a recipe of Homemade Tofu. It’s an easy recipe, and you will need also very few ingredients to make it. Before living abroad I never thought to make Tofu at home, but because I’m living abroad, the asian store is far from home, and the price of Tofu also not so cheap like in Indonesia, so I decided to try to make Tofu at home. Thanks God I found a very simple recipe, and I want to share it to you guys!!
For whatever reason you have in mind, if one day you want to make Tofu at home, please try this recipe! Don’t forget also to tag us a picture of you own Tofu to our Facebook or Instagram when you make it at home. So, before I talk too much..let’s go to the kitchen and start cooking!
500 gr – Soy Beans
50-60 ml – Lemon juice
Blender / Hand Blender
Strainer (other container that has holes)
How to make:
- Soak the soy beans over night or minimum 8 hours.
- Blend the soy beans with water with ratio 1 part soy beans : 2 parts water. Blend until smooth for 1-2 minutes until it’s smooth.
- Strain the soy beans into a pot with cheese cloth, and squeeze.
- Cook the soy milk with medium heat until it’s boil (but not too bubbly). Don’t forget to stir occasionally & remove the foam on the surface.
- When it’s boiling, turn off the heat and let it cool until it’s around 40 degree celcius (lukewarm).
- Then add lemon juice, and stir slowly until it’s mixed well. Let it rest for around 15 minutes, or until it’s all separated.
- After that, put the cheese cloth on the top of the mold, then add the separated tofu into the mold.
- When it’s all in, close tightly and put something heavy on the top (you can use bowl filled with water).
- Leave it until all the water comes out around 2-3 hours or until no water is coming out and the tofu is firm.
- When the tofu is firm, take out from the cheese cloth and it’s ready. Happy cooking!!
If you don’t want to eat or cook directly, you can keep it in the fridge inside the salty water. Change the water every 2 days, to keep the tofu fresh (it can stay around 1 week in the fridge). We hope that you like this recipe. Thank you for visiting our website. We love to hear from you, so please leave your comment down bellow.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, or Google+ and SUBSCRIBE to our channel A.siaVlog so you will receive a notification of our new posts & new videos. If you want to share any good recipe or information, do not hesitate to write to us. We will publish it on behalf of your name.
Enjoy this recipe, and take care! We’ll see you again in our next post & video. Tetap di Ada Indonesia…see you soon!