Babi Kecap (Pork in Sweet Soy Sauce)
Hi guys!! How are you? Thanks for visiting our website, and supporting us also in YouTube (A.siaVlog)
Today I want to share a simple recipe, that I learned from home. The name of this dish is “BABI KECAP (PORK IN SWEET SOY SAUCE)”. It’s not originally from Indonesia, but from China. For sure the taste also already adapt with Indonesian palate. Maybe most of you Chinese people, you already know how to make this dish..but for you that don’t know how to make this dish, come with me to the kitchen!!
So, here it’s the recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 500 gr – Pork
- 1/4 – Onion
- 3 cloves – Garlic
- 2 cm – Ginger
- 3 tbsp – Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp – Nutmeg
- 1 tsp – Ngo Hiong Spices (Galangal, Star Anise, Fennel, Cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp – Pepper
- 1 tbsp – Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1,5 tbsp – Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp – Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp – Salt
- Red Chilli Pepper
- Spring Onion
- Cut the pork meat around 2-3 cm in length, then marinate with sweet soy sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, & salt. Set is aside.
- Meanwhile, chopped the garlic. Then cut the onion & ginger into jullienne.
- Let’s start cooking! Add the oil into the wok, then stir fry garlic & ginger for about 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Next add the pork into the wok and stir fry for a while, then add a little bit of water.
- Seasoned with sweet soy sauce, nutmeg, pepper, & ngo hiong spices (cinnamon, galangal, star anise, fennel). Mix well and cook for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add onion & half of the red chilli pepper. Cook again for 2 minutes until the onion is a little wilted.
- Taste it & add more seasoning if you like.
- Serve it with hot steam rice. Happy cooking!
If you don’t have Ngo Hiong spices at home, you can make it by yourself at home, by mixing galangal, star anise, fennel, & cinnamonWe hope that you like this recipe. Thank you for visiting our website. We love to hear from you, so please leave your comment down bellow.
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, or Google+ and SUBSCRIBE to our channel A.siaVlog so you will receive a notification of our new posts & new videos. If you want to share any good recipe or information, do not hesitate to write to us. We will publish it on behalf of your name.
Enjoy this recipe, and take care! We’ll see you again in our next post & video. Tetap di Ada Indonesia…see you soon!